Procedures in NCLEX Exam Day
Posted in NCLEX News by Cedric On June 4, 2009. No comments
The following are procedures that will occur when a candidate arrives at the Pearson Professional Center for their NCLEX examination appointment:
- Candidates should plan to arrive at the Pearson Professional Center at least 30 minutes before their scheduled testing time. If a candidate arrives more than 30 minutes after their scheduled appointment, they may be required to forfeit their NCLEX examination appointment.
If a candidate forfeits their examination appointment they will be required to re-register and re-pay the examination fee.
- Candidates will be required to present their Authorization to Test (ATT) and a valid picture identification in English that includes their signature in English.
- Candidates will be asked to provide their signature, and will have their fingerprints and photographs taken.
- The test administrator (TA) will provide candidates with an erasable note board that may be replaced as needed during testing.
- Candidates will have up to six hours to complete the RN examination, and five hours to complete the PN examination; total examination time includes a short tutorial, two preprogrammed optional breaks and any unscheduled breaks they may take. The first optional break is offered after two hours of testing. The second optional break is offered after three and one-half hours of testing. All breaks count against testing time.
- After the candidates’ examination is finished, they will be asked to complete a brief computer-delivered questionnaire about their testing experience. When candidates have finished the questionnaire, they should raise their hand to summon the TA. The TA will collect and inventory all note boards. The TA will dismiss the candidate when all requirements are fulfilled.
- On rare occasions, technical problems may require re-scheduling of a candidate’s examination. If circumstances arise causing a candidate to wait more than 30 minutes after their scheduled appointment time, or a restart delay lasts longer than 30 minutes, the candidate will be given the choice of continuing to wait or re-scheduling their appointment without an additional fee.
NOTE: Pearson Professional Centers administer many types of examinations including some that require essay-type responses. Pearson Professional Centers have no control over noises made by candidates typing during another examination. Earplugs are available upon request.
Leave a Reply