Kaplan, Inc. is a for-profit corporation headquartered in New York City, and was founded in 1938 by Stanley Kaplan. Kaplan provides higher education programs, professional training courses, test preparation materials and other services for various levels of education.
Kaplan was founded in 1938 by Stanley H. Kaplan, who started the business by tutoring students for the New York State Regents Exam in the basement of his parents’ Brooklyn home. He eventually opened locations around the country. In 1984, Kaplan sold the company to The Washington Post Company, which centralized control. The company grew significantly in the 1990s by expanding its business and purchasing other test preparation and educational companies. The company’s leader during this expansion period was Jonathan Grayer.
Major acquisitions during the last 10 years include:
- 1996 – Score, a network of after-school tutoring centers based in California with locations around the country
- 1998 – Dearborn Publishing, a publisher of professional training books in Chicago
- 2000 – Quest Education Corporation, a network of for profit schools with 30 locations that brought Kaplan into the higher education industry
- 2003 – The Financial Training Company, a provider of accounting and financial service training based in London with operations in Asia
- 2003 – Dublin Business School, a university in Ireland that offers undergraduate and postgraduate business and liberal arts programs
- 2004 – Two Sawyer College campuses: Hammond, Indiana and Merrillville, Indiana.
- 2005 – Asia Pacific Management Institute (APMI Kaplan), a Higher Education company providing Diploma to Doctoral degrees offered by different universities.
- 2006 – Tribeca Learning, a financial services and real estate training provider based in Australia
- 2006 – Aspect Education, a provider of English language instruction based in the U.K.
- 2007 – Finsia Education, a provider of financial services training.
- 2007 – EduNeering Inc.
Their wide range of products includes programs for kids and schools, test preparation, higher education and professional training. Each of our offerings helps students reach an important milestone in their education and careers.
- Higher Education – Degree and certificate programs online or on campus at Kaplan University. Kaplan College and other campuses around the world.
- Test Preparation – Exam prep for college, grad school, bar review, medical licensing, advanced designations and more.
- English Language Programs – English language courses, university preparation programs and internships.
- Professional Education – Licensing exam prep and continuing education for accounting, finance, securities, insurance, real state and more.
- Compliance – Technology and knowledge solutions that enable companies to ensure compliance.
Kaplan, Inc. Headquarters
888 7th Avenue
New York, NY 10106
For more information visit: http://www.kaplan.com/Pages/default.aspx
Leave a Reply