Please be aware that N.J.A.C. 13:37-2.3, the regulation pertaining to the application requirements for graduates of foreign nursing programs, was recently changed. The changes have been included in the application process.
There are five (5) elements that are now required for licensure of a foreign graduate as a nurse in New Jersey including:
- A transcript review performed by the Commission on Graduates of Foreign Nursing Schools (C.G.F.N.S.) (You are required to have the Full Education Course by Course Report.);
- Proof that the applicant has achieved a passing score on the Test of English as a Foreign Language exam, TOEFL (C.G.F.N.S. is also providing English language evaluations) (Must be submitted only to C.G.F.N.S.);
- A completed licensure application for graduates of any foreign nursing program, which includes information concerning the applicant’s educational and experiential background;
- Criminal History Background Check clearance; and
- Passing the appropriate NCLEX licensing examination.
Please submit the following to the New Jersey Board of Nursing:
- The official Application for Licensure by Examination;
- One (2” x 2”) passport-type photograph;
- The total fee of $225.00 made payable to the New Jersey Board of Nursing (a money order or personal check is acceptable); and
- The Certification and Authorization form.
Visit: New Jersey Board of Nursing